Nourishing, dog-approved and oh-so-healthy.
GOOD FOR: Healthy puppies (with the puppy booster), adult dogs, healthy or under weight seniors, dogs with gluten allergies.
Our Buddha Bowl recipe is your pup’s version of the traditional, healthy, modern salad bowl! We start with a layer of the healthy ancient grain, amaranth, and add our protein, chicken. We top it off with a rainbow of delicious veggies for a PAW-fect combination — because healthy eating and healthy living does not have to be boring!
The goodness that comes from the Buddha Bowl is in the ingredients and the nutrients they provide:
- Amaranth: This ancient grain is naturally gluten-free and full of nutrients. It is revered for its highly nutritious profile of protein, carbs, fats, and minerals. It is a rare grain as it provides all of the essential amino acids, making it a complete protein source. In addition, it is high in manganese, magnesium, and phosphorus.
- Kale: Kale is well-known for its benefits in humans, so it shouldn’t be a surprise that it’s also great for dogs! Kale is full of phytochemicals that offer up lots of health benefits. One cup of kale can provide more than the minimum daily requirements for vitamin A, C, and K. It contains powerful antioxidants that help to prevent cell damage and disease. Kale even has a good fatty acid profile that can help balance cholesterol and lipid levels.
- Squash & Carrots: These hearty vegetables provide more than just flavour. Both squash and carrots contain beta carotene, a precursor to vitamin A. These are important for vision and eye health, skin and coat health, and supports the immune system.
- Chicken: Chicken is a delicious and healthy complete protein for dogs. The chicken in our Buddha Bowl recipe is sourced from Canadian farms, is humanely raised, and is hormone and antibiotic free. Rest assured your pup will be getting all the protein they need for healthy body function and for building strong muscles!
- Omega-3s: At Tom&Sawyer we understand the importance of fatty acids in the diet. Kale is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids. In addition, we combine an omega fatty acid fish oil supplement and hemp seed oil to ensure an ideal ratio of omega-3, omega-6, and omega-9 fatty acids for anti-inflammatory effects and improved fat metabolism.
Every ingredient in the Buddha Bowl plays a role in supplying complete and balanced nutrition for your dog. And the best part? It’s delicious!
Written by: Hannah Godfrey
BSc.H. | MSc. Animal Nutrition