Top 5 Benefits of Our Classic Pork Stew Recipe for Dogs
This nutrient-dense stew is canine comfort food in a bowl.
GOOD FOR: Healthy puppies (with the puppy booster), adult dogs, healthy weight seniors, dogs with gluten or grain allergies, may be beneficial for dogs with diabetes or for those requiring weight loss*.
* For dogs with diabetes or for a dog undergoing an energy restriction, this recipe should only be used when in consultation with a veterinarian.
Your dog will be ready to cozy up on the couch with you after enjoying this delicious, hearty stew! Our stew is high in protein and low in carbs with a variety of lip-smacking veggies to keep your pup healthy and happy.
Benefits of our stew include:
- Humanely raised, Ontario pork: Our antibiotic and hormone-free pork is the heart of this stew. Pork is one of the richest protein sources when it comes to red meat. This means your dog is getting all of their amino acids for bodily functions! Additionally, pork is high in many vitamins and minerals, such as thiamine and selenium. Selenium is important for thyroid functions and metabolism, whereas thiamine is a B-vitamin that helps to make energy from carbohydrates.
- Beta-Carotene: This stew is full of hearty veggies, all of which contain beta-carotene. It is a precursor for vitamin A, an essential nutrient important for eye function and health, and is also a powerful antioxidant that can be great for skin and coat health, cognitive function, and disease prevention.
- Low carb but high in protein: Perfect for all those dogs that want to trim a few pounds! Studies show that this combination of low carbs and high protein can help with successful weight loss in dogs. Protein keeps your dog feeling full and promotes satiety. And the combination encourages fat metabolism.
- Antioxidants: The hearty, low-carb veggies in this stew bring antioxidants to a whole new level! Antioxidants may be beneficial for disease prevention such as cancers, and are great for boosting energy and metabolism. They also provide benefits to skin and coat health to give your pup those luscious locks!
- Kale: There are also many benefits of kale! The high vitamin A and vitamin C content of kale can help boost the immune system. Kale is also rich in minerals such as phosphorus, zinc, potassium, and calcium, along with folate, which is great for the brain and cognition. Studies in humans have reported a potential satiety-promoting effect due to its high water content and fibre.
This recipe is also gluten and grain-free to cater to any dogs with a gluten intolerance or is sensitive to grains.
Perfect for rainy days (or every day), our classic pork stew deserves a spot on your pup’s menu.
See our full menu line up here.
Written by: Hannah Godfrey
BSc.H. | MSc. Animal Nutrition