Our Kangaroo dog food recipe is organic, ultra low fat, allergy friendly and guaranteed to put a hop in your pup’s step!
GOOD FOR: Adult dogs, healthy or overweight seniors, dogs with gluten/grain allergies, dogs with allergies, dogs with loose stool, dogs with sensitive digestive systems, may be beneficial for dogs with diabetes or for those requiring weight loss
* For dogs with diabetes or for a dog undergoing an energy restriction, this recipe should only be used when in consultation with a veterinarian
Our Kangaroo dog food recipe may have limited ingredients, but it is not limited in its health benefits!
Kangaroo as a meat ingredient in dog food has many advantages that make it an ideal source of protein. Here are some key benefits of including kangaroo in your pooch’s bowl:
- It is naturally the leanest red meat protein so is an ideal choice for dogs suffering from conditions requiring low fat diets (such as pancreatitis)
- The low levels of fat that are present are unsaturated fats (the good kind!)
- Kangaroo includes among the best zinc and iron levels of any meat
- All kangaroos are wild, there is no farming in existence so they live humane, free lives in a natural habitat
- The entire harvest operation is government regulated to adhere to strict principles of sustainability
- Kangaroos produce very little methane gas so are environmentally conscious animals! Cows and sheep are pretty big culprits of producing ozone damaging levels of methane gas
The benefits of our Kangaroo recipe for dogs include:
Pancreatitis: This recipe is specially formulated to be below the 20g fat per 1000kcal to ensure that it is within the appropriate levels for dogs with pancreatitis, minimizing the risk for a pancreatitis flare-up. Although this recipe is low-fat, we kept the good fats! This recipe includes a high level of essential fatty acids and the anti-inflammatory omega fatty acids to keep your pup happy and healthy.
- Allergy-Friendly: Why limited ingredients? Pups who have food reactions or are sensitive to many ingredients can benefit from limited ingredient recipes as they reduce the likelihood of a potential allergen. On top of that, we have ensured the ingredients in this recipe are ingredients that rarely lead to allergies or intolerances. For example, kangaroo is a novel protein and we removed grains altogether by using sweet potatoes as our healthy carbohydrate source. Even dogs with environmental allergies might benefit from this recipe due to its high level of nutrients with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which work to soothe and reduce allergy symptoms.
- Weight Loss: This recipe has many components that make it a great diet for weight-loss. It is low-fat, and therefore has a lower energy density to prevent over-consumption of calories. Lots of antioxidants help to reduce oxidative stress that occurs with obesity. The inclusion of omega-3 fatty acids with anti-inflammatory properties help tackle chronic inflammation that is associated with obesity. In addition, this meal is high in fibre, which has many reported health benefits, notably, its benefits in healthy weight loss.
- Healthy Aging: Our Kangaroo meal is antioxidant-rich. Its many anti-inflammatory properties come from omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. This combination helps to keep your pup healthy with age by maintaining skin and coat health, minimizing inflammation at the joints, reducing oxidative stress that occurs with age, and aiding in cognition.
- Inflammatory Bowel: A low-fat meal can help reduce inflammation of the digestive tract, a common symptom for pups with inflammatory bowel diseases. In addition, our high-quality ingredients are highly digestible, which can help tackle the common issue with IBD in which nutrients are not well absorbed. Novel proteins and limited ingredients can also reduce the potential for adverse food reactions which can cause flare ups. This meal also contains fibres which can be beneficial in rebuilding and supporting the gut microbiome which is often in a state of dysbiosis for pups with IBD.
So hop to the freezer and add our healthy Kangaroo recipe to your pup’s menu today.
Written by: Hannah Godfrey
BSc.H. | MSc. Animal Nutrition